Monday 22nd June
Today's lesson is linked to our mini topic Mininbeasts!
It is a Top Trumps game all about minibeasts. It is a fun way of thinking about numbers and their value. Down below are the instructions and the cards. If you can't print them out, copy them on some paper. Enjoy playing the game. I wonder who will win...
Tuesday 23rd June
Hi. I hope you enjoyed playing the game yesterday.
Today I would like you to make your own Top Trumps game. Google some different minibeasts and find out about them. Follow the example from the cards you had yesterday and you can add some different categories like weight or height. Draw the minibeast, write the categories, add the numbers then play the game.
Wednesday 24th June
Today, I would like to revise your numbers to 100 and your 2, 5 and 10 times tables.
1. Complete the minibeast missing numbers 100 square grid. Remember the correction formation of your numbers and make sure they are facing the correct way.
2. Use 3 different colours. Count in 2's, 5's and 10's and challenge yourself by counting backwards from 100 to 0. Count in 2's and colour. Count in 5's and colour. Count in 10's and colour.
3. Do you notice any patterns? Talk about it with your adult.
Thursday 25th June
Today I would like to create your own "Counting on Caterpillars."
1. Look at the example below.
2. Create 10 "Counting on Caterpillars" counting in steps of 2's, 5's and 10's. You can start on any number within 100. Use the grid from yesterday to help you. You can count forwards or backwards.
20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30 (steps of 2 forwards)
15, 25, 35, 45, 55, 65 (steps of 10 forwards)
80. 75, 70, 65, 60,55 (steps of 5 backwards)