Using hyperbole, similes and metaphors
Click the link to learn how to use hyperbole, similes and metaphors. There are 2 videos to watch and 3 activities to try.
Focus on Activity 2:
Can you write five sentences that include either:
- a simile
- a metaphor
Here are a few examples.
- At the end of a long day, the carer muttered, 'My shoes are killing me!'
- My family watched the video and Mum nearly died of laughter.
- The kind nurse had a smile that lit up the room.
- Their work was a rainbow of care and love.
- The team of doctors and nurses worked together like the stars and the moon.
- Each day, the Healthcare Heroes’ care for others was like a sturdy boat!
Add extra detail to your simile or metaphor to create a more detailed image in the reader’s mind. For example:
Drew was as hungry as a bear can be extended to say: Drew was starving! He was as hungry as a humongous grizzly bear!