Picture News document
For today's literacy, I would like you to read the Picture News document and then choose one of the tasks from below. There are 2 options to choose from:
Option 1: Write the statement ‘Having a routine is better than not having one’. Split a piece of paper in half and list reasons for and against this statement.
• What do you think?
• Find out what someone in your family or in your class thinks.
Use your points to write a discussion text. You could organise your work as follows:
• A question e.g. ‘Is having a routine better?’
• Reasons for having a routine
• Reasons against having a routine
Option 2: Create a timetable for a typical weekday before lockdown and a typical weekday during lockdown. Compare the two timetables, using the following to help:
• What time do you get up? Is it the same/different on each timetable?
• Is your morning routine the same?
• How much time do you spend doing schoolwork on each timetable?
• What time do you go to bed? Do you get more or less sleep on the lockdown timetable?
• Which timetable has the most routine?
• Which timetable would you prefer as your typical weekday?