- Rangoli is an art form in which patterns are created on the floor, often by the house entrance
- Materials such as coloured rice, dry flour, coloured sand or flower petals are used
- They are usually made during Diwali or other Hindu festivals. Rangolis are thought to bring good luck
- The religious significance is that gods are attracted towards Rangoli designs therefore invited into the house
- Rangoli designs can be simple geometric or flower and petal shapes. Sometimes Indian gods and important animals are included.
View the PowerPoint.
v Create your own Rangoli design.
You can use a grid or pre designed paper found on the PowerPoint.